E&O Insurance Program for Authorized Agents of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
These Errors and Omissions insurance programs are designed exclusively for authorized Agents of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and helps to protect against claims arising from the sale and servicing of insurance products. Coverage starts at just $73.75 down and $48.75 a month or a one time payment of $550.00 based on lowest 12 month pricing option. Actual pricing may be prorated based on effective date of coverage.
Did you know there is a new Cyber Liability Program available to you?Learn More
About This Coverage
- Gallagher MGA is pleased to be your E&O administrator. If you have any questions regarding the policy or payment options, please call us toll-free at 866.389.0022.
- This E&O Policy renews on December 1st. All certificates of insurance issued under this policy will renew December 1st. Premiums are prorated based on chosen effective date of coverage.
- Premiums are prorated to allow for mid-policy enrollment
- Pricing includes a $25.00 administrative fee and $5.00 monthly processing fee for monthly payment option. Down payment includes one month's premium & administrative fees. Monthly deductions as shown above will begin the third business day of the month after enrollment.
- At the time of enrollment, each agent will be required to make a non-refundable payment in the amount of the first month’s premium (minimum earned premium). Administrative fees and minimum earned premium are non-refundable.
- This policy renews on December 1st of each year.
- You must be actively appointed with CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield at the time of your effective date and at the time you submit a claim under this policy in order to be eligible for coverage.
- Guaranteed Issue – group preferred premiums
- Prior acts coverage back to first date of continuous E&O coverage
- Provides coverage for your administrative, clerical and support personnel while they are acting on your behalf.
- Coverage includes life, accident and health, Medicare, disability income activities as well as mutual funds, variable products, universal life, annuities and section 125, employee benefit plans, self-funded plans, managed health care organizations
- First dollar defense costs are provided and are within the limits of liability
- Provides coverage for any affiliated corporation, partnership or agency for their liability arising out of the individual insured's professional services
- Incidental P&C Coverage Endorsement Available — The P&C coverage offered in this plan is designed to be incidental to the agents' overall book of Life & Health business. Life & Health agents who also have a P&C license are eligible for this coverage ONLY if their total P&C revenues do not exceed 25% of their gross annual commission & fees.
- Only $300 of additional premium or $25/mth to add this P&C endorsement to your Life & Health E&O Coverage (prorated for effective date of coverage)
- Covers ONLY the following products placed with admitted Property & Casualty carriers with an A.M. Best Rating no lower than B+:
- Auto (personal watercraft, RV, motorcycle)
- Personal Umbrellas
- Pet Insurance
- Travel protection benefits
- Excluded products include, but are not limited to:
- Wet Marine
- Professional Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Directors & Officers
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Property
- Products Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Boiler and machinery
- Kidnap and ransom
- International insurance
- Crop, Hail, Wind, Earthquake, and Pollution
- Pet Insurance Sublimit of Liability:
- $25,000 per "wrongful act" $25,000 annual agent aggregate
- $100,000 per "wrongful act" $250,000 annual agent aggregate
- $150,000 per "wrongful act" $250,000 annual agent aggregate
- $1M per "wrongful act" $1M annual agent aggregate
- *The following retentions apply to P&C products.
- $20,000 per claimant for any claim involving or in any way related to flood insurance
- $5,000 per covered claim for all other products
- No Master Policy Aggregate. Sublimits of coverage and/or policy aggregates may apply to specific endorsements within the Master Policy. Please read your policy carefully.
- You are purchasing a claims-made errors and omissions policy. Under a claims made policy, coverage must be in-force at the time the product is sold and at the time the claim is filed with no "lapses or gaps" in coverage.
- $1 Million per claim / $2 Million annual aggregate
Deductibles and Retentions
- $1,000 deductible for CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield product-related claims (damages only)
- $2,500 deductible for Non CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield product-related claims (damages only)
- Pay in full or choose monthly payments via credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT). For those customers that select the monthly payment option, your credit card or EFT will be processed on the 3rd business day of each month.
- This errors and omissions coverage is placed with an admitted carrier. Please reference the A.M. Best rating chart and disclosures link below for an explanation of admitted and non-admitted carriers.
- California State License #0B44869, Louis E. Marinaccio
- Your coverage is secured by BCS Insurance Company.
BCS Insurance Company is A.M. Best A- (Excellent) IX rated carrier.